[OS X TeX] TexShop Configuration

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Tue Feb 20 03:19:20 EST 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 23:42 , Christina Schatzman wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hoping someone will suffer a newbee patiently. I am new to mac and
> tex on mac, having recently switched over from using miktex with
> winedt on windows. I have downloaded Texshop 2.09d using the Apple
> install package from Koch at UOregon; therefore, I've got Wierda's
> TeX, TeXShop, BibDesk, Excalibur, and the i-Installer. I can
> typeset the simple examples without difficulty. Unfortunately, when
> I try to typeset more complicated files that I have brought over
> from windows, no go. Specifically, I can't seem to get Texshop to:
>
> (1) read in my .bib file made previously in bibtex (get an error: I
> found no \bibdata command & I found no \bibstyle command--I do have
> both the \bibliography{X} & \bibliographystyle{X} commands specified)

Did you, in Typeset menu, run LaTeX, then BibTeX and LaTeX again?

> (2) insert .eps files, despite using \usepackage{epstopdf} to
> convert them to .pdf

I have no problems with

\usepackage{graphicx} %% but curiously I have problems with \...
[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}

> (3) get Texshop to compile footnotes or endnotes

I can't think of any reason.

If you post your log file, in this list there are very knowledgeable
people that will prompt to help you, and you will be better off with
TeX on Mac OS X than with TeX on Windows in no time.

Best,

Axel