[OS X TeX] Hyperlink failure with TeXShop and Preview

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Fri Feb 23 15:59:23 EST 2007

Le 23-févr.-07 à 21:44, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 23 févr. 07 à 20:04, Franck Pastor a écrit :
>
>> OpenOffice version Aqua has been already here for a while, with
>> alas another name, NeoOffice,
>
> Not quite: NeoOffice started as the project of an independent
> native Aqua port, by one of the developers of the official X11
> port; an alternative Aqua project was launched afterwards, called
> NeoOffice/J and based on Java (instead of being native OS X code).
> NeoOffice never took off, while NeoOffice/J progressed steadily.
> Finally the original NeoOffice was abandoned, and NeoOffice/J lost
> its /J.
>
> Afterwards Sun launched an "official" Aqua port, which is the only
> one mentioned at the OOo site.
>
>> and some ridiculous conflicts with the "official" team of
>> OpenOffice.org's port on MacOSX.
>
> See my previous post on the licensing issues which motivated the
> split.

I'm sorry, i've missed this post completely.

I swear these will be my last words on this out-of-topic subject:
NeoOffice is now as much based on Java as on a mix of Carbon of
Cocoa, if I believe the developers. Anyway, not being myself a
developer, I wonder what is exactly "native OSX code". Cocoa? The OOo
port will be mostly based on a mix of Carbon and Cocoa, too...

Note that NeoOffice  "is" relatively slow on PowerPC machines, but on
Intel ones its speed has tremendously improved.

Franck Pastor