[OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sat Feb 24 10:04:55 EST 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2007, at 14:25 , Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Switching between the two distributions via Jérôme Laurens' TeX
>> Distribution system pref panel is a breeze.
>
> It would even be possible to use them side by side without using the system
> pref panel. One could create engines for each distribution easily using the
> 'texdist' script which switches before running TeX....
>
> Compile your project with one distribution and immediately with another
> without having to visit the system pref app.

Oo, that would be a great thing! I wonder what the number may look like,
have I had a count of the visits to
System Pref -> Tex Distr -> passwd in the last couple of months.

And yet, at least some of us have to remember in which TeX distribution
they are currently :)

I think that our Macs have a great way of keeping our minds replenished:

I have been envisioning a small icon ("status menus") at the right end of
the Desktop menu bar that indicates which is the currently active tex
distribution by depicting either [gwTeX] or [TeXLive-07]. Perhaps such
TeX-distr icon could also be used as an alternative way to switch the tex
distr, with a pull down submenu (like the one for the languages and
keyboard viewers; AirPort station icon, etc.)

Roussanka