[OS X TeX] Size of MacTeX - Installations

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Mon Jan 8 09:08:47 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

after installing the MacTeX-Package "TeXLive-2006.dmg" aka the full
TeXLive-Distri, I got curious how much space is taken by the installed
distribution as its download size is somewhat larger than Gerben's
current TeXLive-Distri.

If I am right /usr/local/texlive occupies some 1.33GB.

Does anyone know how much space is taken by the TeXLive-MacTeX-Scheme?

Currently I am quite happy with the full distribution as most packages I
need are already installed, so no need to wander through CTAN and do
everything manually.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity
Best Wishes
Bastian

P.S.: A great many thanks to Dick Koch for providing the packages and of
course to Gerben as well for all his past work for TeX on Mac!