[OS X TeX] Word Count

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Mon Jan 15 21:30:12 EST 2007

>> I took a look at the WordService, it seems to be a good tool, the
>> only
>> problem is that it doesn't recognize (La)TeX commands, does it?
>>

> Right, it does not.
>
> TeXShop uses detex to remove (La)TeX commands and then counts with
> wc ...
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete

And, of course, the TeXShop count will not include the expansion of
the unexpanded citations, which makes it less useful than it first
appears.  To get around this limitation, I compile the finished
document to a pdf, convert the pdf to text, delete all the headers,
etc., then do a correct word count using WordService.

--
"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people
can do evil, but for good people to do evil — that takes religion."

Dr. John R. Vokey