[OS X TeX] LaTeXit question

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 17 21:05:08 EST 2007

	Hey all,

	In the services menu, where I have a LaTeXit service, the first item
is "Detect and typeset equations."  I've looked through the
documentation, but it's sparse, and I can't quite figure out what it
does.  I've selected text and used the service, but nothing seems to
happen.  There seemed to be some suggestion that having the LTeXit
output as PDF affected this in one forum I read, but I couldn't get
any more information.

	So what does this do?

Thanks,
-N
----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel