[OS X TeX] pdf in Firefox

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sun Jan 21 14:37:11 EST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Firefox includes by default no plugin for PDF viewing. The Plug-in
> AdobePDFViewer.plugin installed by Adobe Reader (depending on what you select
> in Reader's Preferences > Internet) in "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" does not
> seem to be seen by Firefox.
>
> Two possibilities:
>
> - The PDF Download extension <http://www.pdfdownload.org/> seems to allow
> Firefox to relate to an already installed PDF viewer plugin. The screenshots
> page contain an OS X Tiger section.
>
> - The PDF Browser Plugin <http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/> from
> Schubert|it is an alternative PDF viewer plugin, free for home or educational
> user for non-profit activities, shareware otherwise. Personally I prefer it
> to Reader's plugin; I used it before Safari included built-in PDF viewing
> ability.
>
> It seems the OS X screenshots for Firefox's PDF Download extension indicate
> use of the PDF Browser Plugin.
>
> Hope this helps,

Of course, it does. I was thinking that I did something wrong with
Firefox.

It is very annoying after downloading some software, in this case Firefox,
one to have to also download something else. It makes me stay with Safari.
But Firefox was so much praised that I downloaded it. I may try these
additional plugins.

Roussanka

> Brunon Voisin

Roussanka Loukanova