[OS X TeX] Coexisting TeX distributions and TeXShop .engine files

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 04:25:24 EST 2007

Le 29 janv. 07 à 09:50, Malcolm Ross a écrit :

> . When I run LaTeX, the log shows that TeXLive-2007 is used, but
> when I run XeLaTeX, the log shows that teTeX (i.e. gwTeX) is used
> instead.

Can you post what exactly makes you think teTeX is used? I imagine
this is the path to the various LaTeX input files read during
typesetting.

Also, how do you run XeLaTeX? From within TeXShop? If so, how do you
select XeLaTeX? As an engine, or as a personal script? (I must admit
I never quite got the difference between the two approaches, nor the
need for them -- apart from backwards compatibility.)

Do you have shell initialisation files within your home directory,
such as ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login, ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc? Or a
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist?

> The XeLaTeX.engine file reads:
>
> #!/bin/tcsh
>
> set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
> xelatex  "$1"

Are you speaking of the engine inside TeXShop itself, namely

/Applications/TeX/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/TeXShop/Engines/
XeLaTeX.engine

or the one inside your home directory, namely

~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/XeLaTeX.engine

Bruno Voisin