[OS X TeX] stmaryrd font

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:22:18 EST 2007

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 31 janv. 07 à 17:45, Alain Schremmer a écrit :
>
>> Along with the AMS' \oplus, \ominus, \odot, etc I wanted to use
>> \ogreaterthan, \olessthan and so, as per Companion2ed, I tried to
>> install the stmarydpackage.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> My i-installation is about two years old (TeXShop 1.43 on 10.3.9)
>

> Alain,
>
> It's already there, you've got nothing to install.

Yes but I am an idiot: I had, of course, forgotten \usepackage{stmaryrd}.

But now I get the message:

    ! Missing $ inserted
    <inserted text>
    $
    l.250 \right
    \rrbracket\quad.

which, somehow, rang a bell. So, I thought I would try the whole thing
again, right from the zip and here it was: when I try to LaTeX the dtx,
I get the exact same message. After I hit return a few times, I get the
.sty but I guess that it is corrupted.

Before doing anything else, though, I thought I should check your list.
And it is weird:

> You've got:
>
> - The doc:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex …

Nothing between "slashbox" and "styles"

> - The map file for dvips, pdfTeX and the like:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/ …

Nothing between "bh" and "ocp"

> - The TFM metrics files:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/tfm/public …

Yes, stmaryrd is here with stmary5 to 10 in it.

> - The PS font files:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/hoekwater/

Yes, stmaryrd is here with stmary5 to 10 in it.

> - The LaTeX support files:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/ …

Nothing between "Slunits" and "t2"

So, I think that I will just forget about \ogreaterthan and \olessthan
until after the dust has settled on the LaTeX install front at which
time I will upgrade to 10.4 and whatever LaTeX installation is
completely idiotproof.

In any case, many embarrassed and apologetic thanks to you and Stengel.
--schremmer