[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 19:55:49 EST 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 22:13, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> If I understand correctly, your problem is automatic rotation of
> certain pages when using the ps2pdf converter (invoked when running
> TeXShop in TeX and Ghostscript mode).

Correct

> This is a know problem, caused by the default configuration of
> Ghostscript which is to auto-rotate pages based on their content.

Oh.  A very strange option that in fact should be optional, not default,
in my opinion.

> To disactivate this, the trick is invoke ps2pdf with the option:
>
> 	-dAutoRotatePages=/None
>
> See <file:///usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.54/doc/Ps2pdf.htm>.
>
> The problem is, I'm not sure of how to insert this option when
> TeXShop invokes ps2pdf through the script simpdftex. The solution
> has been posted to this list, but that was long ago and I don't
> remember.

I will dig it

> You may try, in TeXShop's Preferences > Engine > TeX + dvips +
> distiller, to use the commands:
>
> - For TeX: simpdftex tex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-
> dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>
> - For LaTeX: simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-
> dAutoRotatePages=/None"

This does not work.
It gets passed to dvips and the workflow chokes on

/usr/texbin/dvips: ! Bad debug option (-d).
### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdflatex.15917-1170291215/ml9.ps ()

:(

  Roberto