[OS X TeX] Named theorem

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:06:38 EDT 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 10:30 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 7/6/07, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2) I wanted to add the line but couldn't find amsthm.sty in
>> aschremmer > library > texmf > tex > latex where all my style sheets
>> are and Spotlight couldn't find it either (I am running gwtex
>> installed with i-Installer on 10.4.9)
>

> It should not be there:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/amscls/amsthm.sty

Er, I don't have teTeX anymore. (I gave it up when I recently
upgraded to 10.4. I am now using gwTeX.)

> and copy it to your directory.

I would be most grateful if you were to direct me to what I need to
read in order to finally make sense of where things are. There were
posts a few months ago but I had a hard time with them.

> I would even to place it into the same directory as a tex file.
> Clearly this is uncivilized behavior, but then you would not forget to
> include it when you send you paper to others. Remember that using
> modified packages is problematic when you share tex files.

Actually, I had thought of that.

> Especially
> if you work is supposed to be included in some collection which is to
> be typeset as a whole (but this is the risky business anyway,
> especially with the guys who load tons of packages)

I can see that but I don't think this is going to be a problem here:
this is the magnum opus, to be uploaded under an FDL. So, my
preambles are all one-liners, i.e. MyPreamble.sty which is in
aschremmer > library > texmf > tex > latex and which lists all the
packages I use consciously plus a number of definitions and
redefinitions, etc, etc. The ides then is to upload MyPreamble.sty
along the magnum opus. I hope that this will work.

Best regards
--schremmer