[OS X TeX] Re: graphics with xelatex

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Sat Jul 7 17:05:32 EDT 2007

Le 4 juil. 07 à 11:14, Luis Sequeira a écrit :

>>> I understand that pstricks is not for everyone. But if you do
>>> mathematical drawings, it's much better to do them using
>>> coordinates, and to be able to precisely describe
> and obtain exactly what you intended.
> And that is much easier (and elegant) to achieve with pstricks than
> with any other system I've come across.
> The situation would probably be different if I were trying to do
> some freestyle drawing, of course.
>
> You can draw circles, ellipses, polygons, graphs, you can fill,
> rotate, scale, connect nodes, etc., all with a consistent LaTeX
> syntax, and using Cartesian or polar coordinates - in combination,
> if necessary.
> It's much easier to reuse and adapt your drawings, etc. You can
> create \newcommand's to draw specific elements and then place them
> in precise positions. The possibilities are endless.

hello

Why pstricks, it's more simple to use pdflatex and Tikz !

You can use Tikz and my package tkz-berge.sty

http://www.altermundus.fr/pages/pdflatex/graph.html

The documentation is in french but with many examples.

http://www.altermundus.fr/pages/downloads/doc-TKZberge.pdf

A new version with the new version of Tikz 1.18 arrives...

Greetings

Alain Matthes