[OS X TeX] Spotlight plug in

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Tue Jul 10 15:45:25 EDT 2007

Hello!

Thanks for that extremely useful tip! I was not aware that there was
a way to fix the spotlight-display (though some uitillities like
NotLight (http://www.tidbits.com/matt/) help a lot).

Greetings,

Rolf

Am 10.07.2007 um 19:04 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:54 AM, George Gratzer wrote:
>
>> Herb,
>>
>> You are right, it was not in /Library/Spotlight/. I put it there
>> and things are better.
>>
>> But not perfect. The .tex files are mixed in with the documents.
>>
>> Example: I introduced the concept of "pasting" in lattice theory.
>> I would like to find all my (.tex) paper where this concept is
>> used. Spotlight lists them in a huge list of "Documents" (826
>> entries), 95% of which is not .tex.
>>
>> Is there any way to get what I want?
>>
>> GG
>
> Howdy,
>
> There is a freeware system preference pane called BSP <http://
> www.end.com/BSP/> that allows you to create new categories in the
> Spotlight sort. I've made one for files that are searched via the
> TeX importer so .tex files end up in their own category.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/