[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.10beta10

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:41:57 EDT 2007

On 4 Jun 2007, at 00:42, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> < -- snip -- description of some bugs --- >
>
>> I am a bit surprised that I am seeing these issues in all
>> versions in the last year or so, these are being often
>> reported, yet nothing is done.
>>

> Regarding Ogrekit, this is developed by someone else---so maybe TS
> developers don't have the expertise?
>
> Regarding "native" TS bugs, I figure it has to do with Dick Koch
> and Gerben Wierda and others being busy packaging TeX Live or gwTeX
> and the TeX distribution preference pane.
>
> The memory leaks seem more serious than Ogrekit bugs or those
> having to do with which window is active (although perhaps the
> latter really is serious---the window is totally unusable?), as
> well as the crashers.

Apparently PDFKit is the root of all evil there -- this is
not surprising since as a Path Finder beta tester I can assure
you we had some rainy days because of PDF.  Currently, only
Apple knows how to use it.  And even then, APPLE engineers can
produce with apple software files that KILL PDFKit. Look at the
The PDF presentation linked at the bottom of the page

http://llvm.org/pubs/2007-03-12-BossaLLVMIntro.html

and scroll until page 22.  BOOM.

For OgreKit, yeah, I know, but I though that the *panel* was not
part of the kit itself and just an interface created by the TS
developers.  One problem is, maybe we need somebody talking
japanese to more efficiently communicate with the developers!

  Roberto