[OS X TeX] PDFKit

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jun 3 23:42:56 EDT 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 20:17, Richard Koch wrote:

> As to page 22 of 2007-03-12-BossaLLVMIntro.pdf, my experience agrees
> with that of Roberto Avanzi and Adam M. Goldstein. I can crash Preview
> with this page, not immediately, but after five seconds or so. I can
> also
> crash other apps.

Ah, I see it now.  It happens reliably with display set to
"Continuous", but only occasionally when switching to it in the
thumbnail drawer.  Definitely an Apple bug.

> However, I suspect that PDFKit is not to blaim because I can crash
> TeXShop 1.49, which does not use PDFKit, but of course does use
> Apple's PDF imaging software.

Looks like a crash in the lower level Quartz stuff that PDFKit is
built upon.  Definitely worth a bug report (although as Roberto
pointed out, that PDF was written by an Apple engineer).

--
Adam