[OS X TeX] Avoiding the deletion of .aux files upon encountering errors (TeXShop)

Erik Norvelle signups at norvelle.org
Thu Jun 7 07:43:04 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

I've been running into a strange problem with TeXShop... if I have a
document set up to "typeset" in one pass (in particular, I've run
xdvipdfmx or XeLaTeX once to set up the citations, then I've run
BibTeX to generate the footnotes and bibliography, and finally run
xdvipdfmx or XeLaTeX a second time to generate the text with
references and biblio included), but the typesetting runs into a
problem, all of my aux files and the .bbl file get deleted.  All of a
sudden I have to rerun, e.g. xdvipdfmx, BibTeX and xdvipdfmx over
again, to get back where I was.

Is there a way to avoid deletion of .aux and .bbl files upon
encountering an error?  Fixing the error (e.g. a misspelled command)
is easy enough, there shouldn't be any reason to have to go back to
step one.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
Erik Norvelle

Universidad de Navarra
Ayudante, Dpto. de Filosofia