[OS X TeX] Linotype Palatino

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 7 21:45:12 EDT 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:16 PM, John Vokey wrote:

> Just one of the many comments on using XeLaTeX for Linotype
> Palatino.  My question is: what dropdown menu in TeXShop?  The only
> mention of XeLaTeX in TexShop [latest version: Version 2.10beta8
> (210)] is in the preferences under the Typesetting tab in the field
> corresponding to the radio button ``Command Listed below''.  What
> am I missing?

Howdy,

There is usually a dropdown menu of engines on the source file's tool
bar. If it's not there use the Window->Customize Toolbar... menu to
set it up. I find it easiest to add the lines

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

to the top of the file and then Cmd-T (Typeset->Typeset) will
automatically use the xelatex engine. Note that the typeset menu only
contains the standard typesetting options while xelatex is an
external engine stored in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ and only shows
up in that drop down menu in the tool bar.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)