[OS X TeX] Fwd: [Macusergroup] Anyone Using LaTex on OS X? (font issues)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 25 17:20:52 EDT 2007

Le 25 juin 07 à 22:45, Jason Davies a écrit :

> can anyone help with this? I've suggested he join this group for
> more support.

The easy way (provided you don't use special LaTeX packages relying
on PostScript, like pstricks), avoiding having to resort to what's
described in the tutorial:

- Use XeLaTeX (TeXShop includes engines for this) instead of standard
LaTeX.

- Call the fontspec package in the preamble. Something like:

	\usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}
	\usepackage{xunicode}
	\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchLowercase}
	\setromanfont{CanPhotog}

This avoids having to perform any preprocessing (like the creation of
PFB, TFM files and the like). But, because this is no longer standard
LaTeX, you may experience additional difficulties in case you want to
include math formulas and the like. Nothing than can't be fixed, though.

Bruno Voisin