[OS X TeX] Texshop-pdf behavior

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 28 15:20:56 EDT 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 10:06 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

>> Hi Everyone,
>> I am using Texshop on a Mac OSX 10.4, gwTex and am wondering if
>> there is a keystroke or other technique that I could use when I am
>> viewing the document in pdf viewer mode associated with Texshop
>> that could take me immediately to the text in the .tex window
>> where the mouse is over.
>
> Hold down the apple key and click on the text in the pdf.  It
> should take you right there.  Make sure that in the preferences
> under Misc , sync method "Search" is checked.
>
> Alan

Howdy,

One extra note. TeXShop uses a search for text surrounding the point
of Cmd-clicking and then in the source file. This works well if you
are more or less in a plain text section of text but not in the
middle of an equation or heavy formatting code. Also, if you have
lots of repeated text (e.g., you're trying to test out something with
Lorem Ipsum text) this search technique doesn't work very well. Most
of the time I've had great success and would miss it if I lost it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)