[OS X TeX] fonts in htlatex

Jeffrey J Weimer weimerj at email.uah.edu
Fri Jun 29 18:44:44 EDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 2:28 PM, M A wrote:

> Does anyone know how to make htlatex create an html file with a
> default sans serif font? I have tried using packages such as arev or
> helvet, along with various combinations of
> \renewcommand\familydefault{\sfdefault} or just specifying \sffamily.
> None of this seems to work; I keep getting whatever my browser default
> font is. Adding to this I have math, which I can manage to get to come
> out in computer modern (in a png file), but what if I want a png file
> with a different math font? I can't seem to make heads or tails of the
> tex4ht documentation, so any pointers would be appreciated.

Perhaps not a direct answer to your question, however for the
document font problem, have you considered just hand-coding a CSS
directive in the header of your html file with a font specification
of sans serif for the entire document?

I believe this would be something like

*{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans serif;}

As to the math font in the PNGs, I would think this depends on what
you use to typeset and what fonts and encodings you load at the
outset, not to any settings in htlatex.

--
J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr