[OS X TeX] Is MacTeX package "gwTeX" gone?

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sat Mar 3 05:17:34 EST 2007

Le 03-mars-07 à 09:42, Y. S. Hong a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the recent informaiton on TeX on Mac.
>
> The site for New MacTeX Packages 2/12/2007
> <http://www.tug.org/~koch/NewPackages.html> says:
>
>   Three MacTeX install packages are available from the MacTeX web
> site.
>   ... [snip]
>   The available packages are listed below. We do not provide links
> here
>   because we want users to go to the MacTeX site or CTAN.
>   - MacTeX-2007, ... [snip]
>   - MacTeXtras, ... [snip]
>   - gwTeX, ... [snip]
>
> However, neither MacTeX site <http://www.tug.org/mactex/> nor
> CTAN <http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/systems/mac/mactex> contains
> gwTeX.dmg at the moment.
>
> Where can I download gwTeX MacTeX package?  It seems that MacTeX does
> not provide gwTeX as an installation package.  Am I right?

Yes.

>   If so, do
> I need to use i-installer instead?

Yes.

> What i-installer package(s) do I
> need to install then?
>
> I am considering to install the following two i-packages as a minimum,
> - gwTeX based on TeX Live (texlive.ii2)
> - gwTeX Support: CM-Super (cm-super.ii2)
> because I have already installed MacTeX on my machine.

Given that, these two packages should be sufficient. But you may
check with the i-installer if FreeType2, Libwmf, Fondu, PNG Library,
Fontforge, Ghostscript 8 are already installed. They are not
indispensable, but as I understood they are necessary if you want
some additional niceties about fonts, inclusion of more type of
figures, conversion in PostScript, etc...

HTH

Franck Pastor