[OS X TeX] tipa

Manuel Souto Pico m.soutopico at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:03:45 EST 2007

Dear Georgg,

2007/3/8, Georg Verweyen <verweyen at gmail.com>:
> Manuel Souto Pico wrote:
> > I put \usepackage{tipa} in the preamble and then use \textipa{É"} in the
> > text.
> Maybe you should read the manual (tipaman.pdf if I am right). And then
> try \textipa{O} to get a É".

You are absolute right. Checing the manual is what I should have done.
My apologies.

I didn't because I assumed that using the Unicode package I would be
able to use the IPA characters directly without need of ASCII
shortcuts (as I do when I write in Russian script or whatever).

The right thing to write is indeed \textipa{O} to get a É”.

> BTW: ctt would be a better place to ask, as this question has nothing to
> do with the Mac.

What is ctt?

Well, I didn't know my problem didn't have anything to do with the
Mac. Being a Mac user, and having to fiddle with the tree structure in
the Mac, this is the place I thought would be correct to ask. Sorry
about this, too.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards, Manuel
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿüw¥¥û¥"wèÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿüÆœý7—YæìŠ×ÿ†ÛiÿÿðÃÞ²oé²ïÞvïæiÏí{Óyq at Cøm¶Ÿÿÿ0þ×±ý§ÿºOßj¢â²Ð+r¯{øm¶ŸÿþÛ þŠàþ˜©z¹šŠ_æiÊ,µìÿj·!Š÷¬ü¸¬µ¦Šw^®ÏĶ*®zÛ^þm§ÿÿÃÿzÉÿ¦ËÿyÛ¿™§ÿµì–+-