[OS X TeX] Equivalent to TeXify in TeXShop?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 10 12:01:28 EST 2007

Am 10.03.2007 um 17:24 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> I've found a script[1] that seems to be a TeXify adaption to MacOS
> X. But I do not understand how it works and how to use it. Could
> You help me or explain it?

I don't want to go too much into detail (I would need to study it a
bit closer), but it seems to be independent from the TeX distribution
and it sets latex as default programme and DVI as default output
format. Adding -p as first argument will create PDF via pdflatex.

I'd put it into ~/bin and make it executable (chmod a+x ~/bin/
texify). Once texify works fine you can move it into /usr/local/bin,
but not into the TeX areas, because there it will be erased by i-
Installer or Mac TeX.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

                                 George W. Bush