[OS X TeX] OT: low-tech bibliographic hyperlinking

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu May 3 19:13:35 EDT 2007

Le 3 mai 07 à 23:55, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

> [...]
>
> Just to give you a headstart:
>
> Instructions: save files under the indicated names.
> Run pdflatex twice on trial.tex, view result.
> - manual step: create your 'thebibliography' environment as usual,
> but with the extra parameters for \item[]{} to help natbib.
> - automated step: open the trial.bib file in bibdesk, and be
> amazed. The hardest bit is putting names in the database to that
> bibtex can cope with them.
>
> A normal run would require:
> pdflatex trial.tex
> bibtex trial
> pdflatex trial.tex
> pdflatex trial.tex
>
> (the first will produce an aux file to be parsed by bibtex, the
> bibtex run will create the bbl file with the latex code for teh
> bibliography, the last two runs will include the bibliography in
> the master document, and resolve all links and references).
>
> HTMH,
>
> [...]

It does. Many thanks Maarteen (and Roussanka, and Simon) for your
kindness, time, patience, advice and help. Right now I'm in a work
crisis which is likely to last until the end of next week (and will
restart a couple of weeks later until the beginning of July), but as
soon as things get less hectic I'll give a try to your suggestions.
Until then I'll be mostly silent, though I'll attempt to have a look
at all incoming list messages.

Bruno