[OS X TeX] Unix expert help needed

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 24 01:24:15 EDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 12:05 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> This may seem trivial to Herb, but it would seem useful.
>
> When I send off a directory (submitting a paper or uploading to
> CTAN), my
> directory has a lot of Mac specific invisible files causing work at
> the other
> end.
>
> Is it possible to make a script to get rid of this little peskies?
>
> GG
> P.S. Sorry, my posting missed a subject

Howdy,

Certainly not trivial to me. I asked how to get rid of the .DS_Store
files (among other things --- do you really have anything more than
the .DS_Store files?) in a directory on this list a while back too! I
made a shell script I called cleands_store that contains

#!/bin/bash
# remove .DS-Store files recursively
find "$1" -type f -name .DS_Store -exec rm -f {} \;

(don't; forget the final return!), made it executable by running the
command

chmod 755 cleands_store

and placed it in ~/bin/ (create that directory if necessary). Then,
when I want to clean out the .DS_Store files from a directory (and
any sub-directories, recursively) I run

~/bin/cleands_store full/path/to/directory

and it just gets done.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)