[OS X TeX] ps in pdf file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 31 14:40:19 EDT 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Charles Pugh wrote:

> Hello  --
>
> Is there a simple way to process a file in TexShop or especially
> in LateXiT (getting pdf output) which includes the following:
>
>  \psovalbox[%
>          fillcolor=cyan,%
>          fillstyle=solid,%
>          linecolor=red]{\blue\textbf{My text ...}}
>
> In the preamble is \usepackage{pst-pdf,pstricks}.  The result in
> this case should
> be a cyan oval box with red border enclosing blue text.
>
> By "simple" I mean:
>
> a. not using the terminal;
>
> b. making a template for LaTeXiT so I can substitute new colors/
> text and
> process it with the LaTeXiT command.
>
> I'm using LaTeXiT 1.12.0, TexShop 2.1beta8, Tiger 10.4.9.
>

> Thanks, Charles Pugh

Howdy,

You'll want to process the file with LaTeX+Ghostscript. Choose that
in the Typeset Menu of TeXShop or put the line

%%!TEX TS-program = latex

as the first line in the .tex file.

For LaTeXiT you might try putting together a special script where you
process with `simpdftex latex` (latex->dvips->ps2pdf) but I haven't
tried that.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)