[OS X TeX] Re: Leopard

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 4 16:21:54 EST 2007

Am 04.11.2007 um 20:57 schrieb Leah Berman:

> (For what it's worth, if Safari is running with no open windows in
> space 1, and I switch to it from space 3, not only does it switch
> from space 1 to space 3, but it opens a new window for me.)

That's a clear logic and IMO exactly like things should work. The
situation you described has two important aspects: Safari can open
more than one window, and you started when it had all windows closed.

If Maple is an application that can only create one window, then
you're lost. If there is no way to minimise or hide Maple (or any
other application's window) from the menu in the ð bar, or from Dock,
then I'd write a bug report to Apple and ask for an enhancement of
Spaces to get this feature and also that to make windows warp from
desktop to desktop. A natural work-around would be to make Maple
"sticky," i.e. make it follow to every Space (it temporarily not
wanted, the hide it). Console and Terminal are applications that
follow me everywhere.

In the "real" UNIX world, i.e. in X11, virtual desktop window
managers exist that allow to drag one window from one desktop to
another even if you're not there where the window is. The minimising/
hiding is something I do quite regularly in Tiger, for both: 'out of
the way' and 'follow me.'

--
Greetings

   Pete