[OS X TeX] Version controls for LaTeX book production

George Gratzer gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 12 03:15:53 EST 2007

I realize that this is a matter of personal taste. I have been using
Retrospect which makes me a few backups a day; anytime I pause, in fact.

My point was simple; this works for me. I have never lost anything and
if I needed an older version, it was always there.

I hope it is the same with Time Machine. Nevertheless, I did not stop
using Retrospect.

My concern with any tool: efficacy. I am not interested playing with
my computer, trying out new things just because they are there. I try
anything, however, that promises to make me more efficient.

A Retrospect backup of my current work is one click. Storage capacity:
maybe a hundred years. But no project of mine acceded 5 years.

GG