[OS X TeX] Version controls for LaTeX book production

Rick Zaccone zaccone at bucknell.edu
Mon Nov 12 04:16:56 EST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007, at 2007-11-11, 8:03 PM, David Oliver wrote:

> I'd welcome comments from book authors on this list with experience
> with version controls, such as CVS,  for LaTeX produced books. Do
> you find them useful? Do you find them useful even if you are the
> only user or author accessing the material?  Recommendation for a
> particular system?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Oliver

I also recommend subversion.  I am working on a book with two other
authors and I have found it extremely useful.  I wouldn't attempt
another book project (even alone) without it.

We have also set up a Trac database <http://trac.edgewall.org/> to
keep track of outstanding issues.  It's easy to use and integrates
nicely with subversion.  We've been happy with Trac also.  It's useful
for just one author too.

Rick