[OS X TeX] Version controls for LaTeX book production

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:46:52 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 3:53 PM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> 'which svn' in the Terminal will tell you where it has been installed.

I am not /that/ curious. :-))

> Just to make this clear: the binary you installed with Martin Ott's
> package and svnX are not really two different apps. svnX is really
> only a GUI for svn, that means it wont run by its own, you need to
> have svn installed (which you did with Martin Ott's installer).

The way I looked at it was that svnX is to Ott's package a bit like
TeXShop is to gwTeX.

But after reading the Read Me for svnX and looking up the book it
recommends, I thought that I would better wait until the Christmas
break to play with "la chose".

The reason that I am interested, though, is that once the standalone
part of the magnum opus has been made available on-line, it is just
possible that someone might want to collaborate and, while there is
not much of a chance, should this happen, things probably ought to be
ready.

Grateful regards.
--schremmer