[OS X TeX] Exclude directory from search path?

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 29 08:35:33 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

I was thinking it would be nice to have a symbolic link inside ~/
Library/texmf/tex/images/ to ~/Pictures, so I could keep a mac-like
and TDS-like organization of my images.

Unfortunately, this slows down compiling quite a bit, and I'm
guessing because of all the searching inside my iPhoto Library inside
of ~/Pictures.  I generally don't want to include these images into
TeX documents.

So is there a good way to search by default the contents of ~/
Pictures but not the not the contents of ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library/?
or otherwise speed this up?  I've read a little bit about the
kpathsea ls-R database, but that seems to be a system-level thing,
not a user-level thing.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

--Matt

--