[OS X TeX] [OT] *.sty files included in manuscript.tex?

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:08:05 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 11:39 AM, Christian Heine wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a problem with getting a file produced out of Elsevier's
> electronic
> submission system. I uploaded the 'manuscript.tex' file along with
> the PDF
> figs and with/without the *.sty files I used. The PDF-build
> processes stops
> without properly typesetting the manuscript.tex file. All other
> files are
> included.
>
> After calling up Elsevier a couple of times, they suggest to
> include the
> *.sty files I used in the manuscript.tex file. I have never heard
> of this
> before and the typesetting just fails on my Mac here. A typical
> case of
> outsourcing the work and problems to the customer?
>
> Does someone else ever had this problem or is it possible to
> include *.sty
> files in the preamble of a *.tex file?

What style files are you using, your own or standard ones? I recently
submitted something through the system with no trouble; the start of
my main tex file was:

\documentclass{elsart3p}

\usepackage{amsmath, graphicx}

I didn't include any other style files or packages. I did have to
upload the elsart3p file with my submission, which I thought was
strange. I didn't have to upload amsmath or graphicx, though.

Does the build system give you an error message? Is it a tex error
message?

--
Chris Goedde