[OS X TeX] [OT] *.sty files included in manuscript.tex?

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:52:53 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Christian Heine wrote:

>> Does the build system give you an error message?
>
> This is TeXk, Version 3.141592 (Web2c 7.5.2) (format=tex 2005.3.22)
> 24 OCT
> 2007 06:45

Maybe I'm off base here, but this line seems to be saying that their
system is trying to run tex, not latex on your file. That seems wrong
to me (and I don't quite see how it can be true, but I don't know why
it doesn't say format=latex). Maybe that's why they suggested
including the style files in your tex files?!? But the real solution
would be to run latex on your files, not tex. I suspect that when you
look at the log files from tex runs on the same file on your machine,
the first line will include format=latex (or format=pdflatex, or
something), not format=tex.

Chris