[OS X TeX] [OT] *.sty files included in manuscript.tex?

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Thu Oct 25 04:31:01 EDT 2007

Chris, William, Wendy & Guido
many thanks for your input!

> LaTeX provides a filecontents environment to package a document and
> the style/class files needed to compile it in a single file.

I included all the necessary *.sty and *.bst files and still get the very
same error message from the PDF build process as before:

[START LOG]
This is TeXk, Version 3.141592 (Web2c 7.5.2) (format=tex 2005.3.22) 25 OCT
2007 09:13

[rest snipped]

*** (job aborted, no legal \end found)
No pages of output.
[END LOG]

The document typesets fine on my local machine, either generating the
included files or telling me that the very same file already exists on my
system.

So I assume that Chris' suspicion was right, that they indeed seem to use
TeX to typeset the document instead of LaTeX.

After failing to upload the PDF of the manuscript instead of the *.tex
source yesterday a couple of times, it magically worked today... What can
I say...

Again, thanks for all your input.
Christian