[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 26 13:35:23 EDT 2007

Simon,

The only problem I'm aware of is minor. The script simpdftex, used to
typeset in "TeX and Ghostscript" mode, doesn't work from Terminal. I
suspect most people use it indirectly from a front end, and it works
fine in that case.

This script is easily fixed; it has been fixed in all MacTeX packages
as of August.

In earlier Leopard betas, the script failed when called from a front
end. This was an important problem, and this week I drafted an email
to this list explaining the fix. But then I noticed that in the latest
beta, the script worked from front ends.  I don't yet have the GM, so
I'll postpone that email draft until I receive it.

When users get their hands on Leopard, who knows what will turn up.

TeXShop users need to upgrade to 2.14.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu