[OS X TeX] Critical Problem of Preview.app in Leopard

Jin-Hwan Cho chofchof at ktug.or.kr
Wed Oct 31 02:12:41 EDT 2007

Dear TeX users under Mac OS X,

I found a critical problem of Preview.app in Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5).

The following PDF file was generated by pdftex in the current version of
MacTeX (of course, downloaded from CTAN).

http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/pub/ktug/misc/LectNotes.pdf

I had no problem with Adobe Reader 8. Of course, the PDF file itself has
no problem because it worked well with Preview.app in Tiger.

However, Preview.app in Leopard shows different results. I tried to open
the PDF file in Preview.app without quitting the application. Just
repeated
"open" and then "close". Sometimes it showed the right result (you can
see
serif fonts with a few Korean characters), but sometimes it did not
(you can
see sanserif fonts without Korean characters).

Try by yourself with the PDF file above. I want to know whether it
happens
only in my computer.

Best regards, ChoF.