[OS X TeX] new package for eps->pdf via epspdftools

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sat Sep 29 05:56:38 EDT 2007

Hallo,

I put together a small package epspdfconversion.sty that makes it
easier to use the epspdf-tools  (http://tex.aanhet.net/epspdf/) from
within pdflatex. It is based on epstopdf.sty and provides a similar
functionality. It is possible to tell epspdf that you want your pdf
figures in grayscale, for prepress-usage etc.

You can find the package here:
http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~wsf8545/epspdfconversion/

I would be happy if you could have a look and provide a bit of
feedback. I hope (and think so) it is helpful for others.

Typical use: Say you produce a lot of eps-graphics in Maple or stata.
You want to include them in you pdflatex document. And you want them
prepress-ready, in grayscale, with a bounding-box that makes sense
and you want them updated because they change often (because you
change something in you statistics package or so). Put this

\usepackage[GRAY,prepress,bbox]{epspdfconversion}

in your preamble and this in your text:

\includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth]{testimage.eps}

That's it. The epspdf-tools will do the conversion for you on the
fly. See the documentation for more options a ways to use the package.

Let me also say THANK YOU to the list in general and a few people
especially who helped a lot with their postings to prepare a prepress-
ready book half a year ago.

best,

daniel