[OS X TeX] Autocompletion in TeXShop

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sun Sep 30 08:54:48 EDT 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Julian Aguirre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with autocompletion (TeXShop 2.14, spanish
> localization) and the character ^. When I stroke the ^ key, the
> symbol appears in a yellow box. If the next key is a letter, say x,
> I get ^x, with no braces. But if the next stoke is a space, I get ^^
> {|} with the cursor | between the braces. Something similar happens
> with the umlauts. ä is converted into ¨\"a, with the umault before
> the backslash.
>
> On the other hand, _ produces _{|}, as expected.

The yellow box you're referring to appears in international keyboard
layouts to give you access to accented characters. Apparently, your
keyboard is trying to place a "^" or "¨" on top of the next character
you are typing but instead, it prints that character in front of the
autocompletion string. Since I don't have this situation on my
keyboard I don't know what the solution is. Have you tried to
redefine the autocompletion commands in autocompletion.plist?

Themis