[OS X TeX] 2 questions on presentations

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:35:09 EDT 2008

> 1. I use the seminar \documentclass, with the first several lines as
> follows:
>
> \documentclass{seminar}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> %\slideframe{plain}
> \usepackage[metapost]{mfpic}
> \usepackage[dvipsnames]{color}
> \usepackage{amssymb}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \usepackage{amsthm}
>
> I process the file and get some pages of output. Then I uncomment
> '\slideframe{plain}', process the file and get the same output.
> Shouldn't
> I get something different, such as each page having a frame around it?
>
> 2. I would like to try prosper. According to Kopka & Daly I must
> reset some stuff
> in preferences to enable prosper. I confess to not knowing what to
> set.
> Do i change something in the Engine pane, or the Misc pane, or the
> Typesetting pane? At present, in the Misc pane I have mptopdf and
> Ghostscript
> checked. In the Typesetting pane I have Pdftex checked.
>

> Bruce Kellogg
> rbmjk at alltel.net

Note that prosper has not been updated in years. It has been
superseded by powerdot, which is what I (a former prosper user) have
been happily using for quite some time.
Another very good alternative is beamer.

I suggest you try them both and see which one you like best.

If you have a fairly recent TeX installation, they should both be
installed on your mac already.

Luis Sequeira