[OS X TeX] Installing TeX for 1st Time

Ron Olson ron.olson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 20:43:52 EDT 2008

I got a new Mac and am trying to install TeX on my new MacBookPro.  I didn't
know there were so many versions of TeX.  It looks like the TeX software is
already on this machine and am trying to figure how to install it.

So, my first question is which TeX do I install?

I am a non-traditional math student at Wichita State University and first
heard about TeX in MA547 Adv. Calculus I with Dr. Phil Parker last Fall.

I enjoyed what I learned from MatLab and ForTran but I don't know if
knowledge of these will help me with TeX.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ron Olson
Wichita, KS