[OS X TeX] Installing TeX for 1st Time

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:50:02 EDT 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 8:43 PM, Ron Olson wrote:

> I got a new Mac and am trying to install TeX on my new MacBookPro.
> I didn't know there were so many versions of TeX.  It looks like
> the TeX software is already on this machine and am trying to figure
> how to install it.

The latter looks a bit confusing to me but, in any case, I am
"install challenged" so I will leave this to others.

> So, my first question is which TeX do I install?

As far as that goes, it mostly depends on how adventurous you are and
the sky is the limit. On the other hand, to get you started you might
wish to read a piece I once wrote on the subject.

http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2005-2/schremmer/

Regards
--schremmer