[OS X TeX] GNUPLOT on Mac

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Aug 13 12:54:27 EDT 2008

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008, at 06:32AM, "Alain Schremmer" <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 13, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> OTOH, is Gnuplot really needed?
>

>You are right: I don't need anything that fancy: right now, I need to
>plot for my "kindergarden" students, say, x^-3, x^-2, x^-1, x^0, x^1,
>x^2, x^3, x^4, say between -5 and +5.

Have you tried using /Applications/Utilities/Grapher.app?  DataGraph [1] is a low-cost options that would also work really well for this, since you can enter these equations directly.  Either way would avoid hassling with broken installers or compilation dependencies (let alone the annoyance of tweaking gnuplot).  And to bring this slightly-on-topic for the list, DataGraph also parses LaTeX expressions for labels and can save as PDF.

--
Adam

[1] http://visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/index.html