[OS X TeX] eqno

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 4 15:05:05 EST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 12:52 PM, David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE,
CFM wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2008, at 13:15, Maarten Sneep wrote:

>>> But my equation is too long to fit in one line!
>>
>> Use the amsmath package. align, etc. are all in this package, and
>> multi-line equations suddenly become beatiful and easy. Manual in
>> the LaTeX Companion (and probably elsewhere).
>

> I can't agree more. Finding and learning to use the AMSMath package
> was a godsend.
>
> There are two must-have books when I'm working with LaTeX: Lamport
> and TLC. It is rare for me to find a problem I can't solve using
> these two resources.
>

> -=d

Howdy,

One more: Kopka & Daly, ``Guide to LaTeX'', 4th edition, Addison
Wesley. This falls smack in the middle between Lamport and TLC. Also,
with TLC make sure to get the 2nd Edition which is greatly expanded
and updated.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)