[OS X TeX] eqno

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 04:30:44 EST 2008

On  4 Dec, 2008, at 14:05, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2008, at 12:52 PM, David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE,
> CFM wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I can't agree more. Finding and learning to use the AMSMath package
>> was a godsend.
>>
>> There are two must-have books when I'm working with LaTeX: Lamport
>> and TLC. It is rare for me to find a problem I can't solve using
>> these two resources.

> Howdy,
>
> One more: Kopka & Daly, ``Guide to LaTeX'', 4th edition, Addison
> Wesley.

Still one more: Gratzer's "(More) Math into LaTeX". When I'm looking
for a package to do something I need or how to format a complex table,
for example, I use TLC; but when a need to know how to do something
with AMSmath, I look into Gratzer's book. I'm still using the third
edition, but I bought the fourth ed. for a nephew.

Also useful and nice readings, Voß's Mathmode and Høgholm's mathtools
package documentation:

texdoc mathmode
texdoc mathtools

Best,