[OS X TeX] TeXshop quirk

Mon Dec 8 18:01:27 EST 2008

On 08.12.2008, at 22:49, Lantz Susan wrote:

> I am running TeXshop 2.18svn on an iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.11.
> About
> the time I updated to this version of TeXshop, the TeXshop icon
> disappeared from all my .tex files created with TeXshop. They are
> blank, like the .log and .aux files.
>
> All my .tex files were created on this computer, some before and some
> after I updated to this version of TeXshop. A few, however, may have
> been modified on my computer at work (a nasty Windows machine running
> Texmaker 1.7).
>
> When I check the file properties, all the files show TeXshop as the
> default application.
>
> Strangely enough, when I have created an alias for .tex file, the
> alias
> has the TeXshop icon. With one exception. That file, I know for
> certain,
> was created last fall, and it has not been anywhere near my
> computer at
> work.
>
> This quirk doesn't affect the way TeXshop runs. It just makes the
> files
> look...plain.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?
>
> Does anyone know what I can/should do to get my TeXshop files' icon
> back? (I have some older files that were created with Textures and for
> which I still use Textures, so I'd like to be able to tell at a glance
> which program a file uses.)
>
> Susan Lantz

Hi,
what is the program that is called when you double-click on the tex
files? Usually what you would do is to right-click on one of your tex
files and open "get info". In the window that then opens you can
choose the default program for the file. Select TeXShop and then
click on "change all" to set all tex files to open with TeXShop by
default.
That should bring the TeXshop icon back, I think.

hth,

Alex