[OS X TeX] TeXshop quirk

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:14:09 EST 2008

On Dec 8, 2008, at 5:49 PM, Lantz Susan wrote:

> I am running TeXshop 2.18svn on an iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.11.
> About
> the time I updated to this version of TeXshop, the TeXshop icon
> disappeared from all my .tex files created with TeXshop. They are
> blank, like the .log and .aux files.
>
> All my .tex files were created on this computer, some before and some
> after I updated to this version of TeXshop. A few, however, may have
> been modified on my computer at work (a nasty Windows machine running
> Texmaker 1.7).
>
> When I check the file properties, all the files show TeXshop as the
> default application.
>
> Strangely enough, when I have created an alias for .tex file, the
> alias
> has the TeXshop icon. With one exception. That file, I know for
> certain,
> was created last fall, and it has not been anywhere near my
> computer at
> work.
>
> This quirk doesn't affect the way TeXshop runs. It just makes the
> files
> look...plain.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?
>
> Does anyone know what I can/should do to get my TeXshop files' icon
> back? (I have some older files that were created with Textures and for
> which I still use Textures, so I'd like to be able to tell at a glance
> which program a file uses.)

I have encountered something like it but have not bothered so I can't
be very precise.

1) Because I thought I might be able to use it convert some LaTeX
into html, I got TeXMaker and while I typeset only a few files with
it, I now have, here and there, a significant number of files with
the TeXMaker icon. But when I double click, most call TeXShop.

2) It used to be that all my style sheet had the TeXShop icon. Then
some had the icon and then some were were blank. Now they are all
blank. But this antedates TeXMaker by a long time, say a couple of
years.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything. But then I didn't look.

Regards
--schremmer