[OS X TeX] Euro symbol

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Thu Dec 11 16:13:42 EST 2008

Friedrich Vosberg schrieb:

>> Try saving your file in iso 8895-15.
>
> Ah, thanks. But now there are two different Euro symbols: An ALT+E in
> the source file produces a very ugly Euro symbol, while the command
> \euro produces a fine grotesque Euro symbol. How can I generally replace
> the ugly Euro symbol by the grotesque one?

You can't with your approach. As I already said, the textcomp package
provides only a stopgap solution to your problem as its Euro symbol is
looking quite ugly.

Remember: You need to map the file encoding to the font you're using. So
if you really don't want to use the standard packages for producing a
Euro symbol <http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/bytopic.html#eurosymbol>
perhaps trying out xelatex is an option for you, as Herbert explained.
Remember to make sure you choose a font that comes with a Euro symbol.

Jürgen.