[OS X TeX] Euro symbol

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Thu Dec 11 16:33:52 EST 2008

Le 11 déc. 08 à 22:18, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> On 11.12.2008, at 22.05, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 11.12.2008 um 21:52 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:
>>
>>> How can I generally replace the ugly Euro symbol by the grotesque
>>> one?
>>

>> By using a sans-serif font!
>
> No. When using CM Roman the command \euro produces an grotesque Euro
> symbol:
>
> <cmromaneuro.png>
>
> Here is a minex:
>
> %%!TEX encoding = IsoLatin9
> \documentclass{minimal}
> \RequirePackage[latin9]{inputenc}
> \RequirePackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \RequirePackage{textcomp}
> \RequirePackage[official]{eurosym}
> \begin{document}
> € \euro
> \end{document}
>
> Kind regards, Friedrich

It's the euro symbol of the eurosym fonts, not of the CM fonts
(anyway, I guess your ugly euro symbol comes from cm-super fonts, not
CM fonts.

I prefer the euro symbol of the Latin Modern fonts (which is the same
as the true CM fonts:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern,textcomp}