[OS X TeX] Euro symbol

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 11 16:57:54 EST 2008

Am 11.12.2008 um 22:18 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> No. When using CM Roman the command \euro produces an grotesque
> Euro symbol:

I thought you asked for € and not for \euro because the latter
behaves already legally correct ... Is my memory broken, by
Altersheimer or such?

The eurosym package provides its own PostScript fonts, so it never
needs to use the font in which its environment is set. There are also
the free Adobe € fonts, zpeu*, used for example with the europs
package. There is also the eurofont package ...

I never learned to use CM fonts, I always had PostScript printers and
fonts around so I never had to experience any other packages then
textcomp. And I never had to use proprietary encodings from MS or
Apple or NeXT or IBM or ... so I probably won't be of much help.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me.
				– Hunter S. Thompson