[OS X TeX] TexShop 2.18

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:55:32 EST 2008

On Dec 12, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 12.12.2008 um 15:52 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Editing the same file through multiple open window must indeed be
>> very useful but I don't quite see how this relate to opening "an
>> other document in the second part of the window" unless you mean
>> two "included" files in each part of a window.
>
> You're not the only one who likes to see the file in more than one
> view. So this was introduced to TeXShop

TeXShop shows indeed two different places of the SAME source in the
two panes but I think Chambon wanted two DIFFERENT files in the two
panes. And, again, "I don't see the point myself".

> (it also exists in Terminal). And others have different use for two
> text panes ... what GNU Emacs also supports. It also allows to see
> two PDF files in two windows inside one frame.

Item H in "List of feature requests on this list" reads

"—The ability to split the output window as well as the source window
(if possible with sync)"

And, although this feature would make my life quite a bit easier, I
am emphatically not about even to try Emacs as the odds of TeXShop
including this feature in my lifetime are considerably higher than my
learning Emacs in that time.

Regards
--schremmer